Daniel dedicates win to mum

Selangor gymnast Daniel Iskandar Richard who won the men's Artistic gymnastics all-round gold medal quickly paid tribute to his cancer stricken mother who had supported him despite her illness.


My mother, despite being diagnosed with breast cancer, has always been a pillar of strength and support for me, he said.


Daniel Iskandar who was in superb form in all six routines, beat Mohd Syazwan Sahmi from the host state and Hoe He Ping from Kelantan to clinch the gold with 76.15 points.


"This win is the gift of my mother's prayers. She calls me every night and gives me words of encouragement, finds out my progress and condition. She went through an operation last year and recuperating.


"She is getting better now and I want to dedicate this win to her," he told reporters at the Pahang Sports Complex (Sukpa) here today. --BERNAMA

HD says: It's been awhile since we read such heartwarming stories in the backpages. Way to go Daniel!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tickets for Kuala Lumpur Masters Malaysia Super 100 2023 now available

Pelepasan cukai tambahan untuk pembelian alatan sukan, sewaan fasiliti sukan antara cadangan untuk Bajet 2024

From 'Mr P' to 'Kemelut Dalaman BAM': Four chapters of 'mesej Whatsapp layang'